Eco Minded

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Mouse that Rocked the House

For the Fourth of July, we went to Ely for The Parade of Candy...for a little town, they sure do have a huge candy budget! We then went to the Chocolate Moose for lunch (I had cherry rhubarb pie - yum). Sean and I dropped in Brandenburg Gallery and coveted the photographs we wish we could afford to put on our walls (Blue Birch Grove and Early Snow).

Most importantly, today I was able to WALK - first with one crutch only, and then by the end of the day with no crutch. FREEDOM! When we got back to TB, we celebrated by braving the super steep hill going down to the lake, and went down to the dock where we tried to snag the elusive Northern living under the boat house. No luck on bites, but our bait was spooked a few times, and that kinda action kept Sean and I entertained enough.

John and Nellie at the boathouse

Grandma Barb Fishin'

Happy Dog Nellie takes a swim

Quiet night in the cabin, watched the Boston fireworks on TV (why why why were Dr. Phil and his wife hosting that?). Sean and Mocha bonded over leftover bratwurst.

Oh, are you eating? I hadn't noticed...I was just resting my head.

Ok, maybe I did notice. That sure looks good.

About mid-early-morning a noisy little mouse in our kitchen decided to wake us up. Ok, it woke me up, and I woke Sean up. Surprisingly, Huntress McGee didn't budge...what's up with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home