Eco Minded

Thursday, June 29, 2006

VayCay-Arrival Day

The drive to Timber Bay was smooth, weather was good. We oasis-ed at Kate's after drive day one, 9 hrs on the road. Kate has a fab-u bathtub and I was glad I was able to get cleaned up before we headed to TB...I'm strategizing about how I'm going to shower once I get there, as I'm still not able to walk without crutches. It'll be any day now that I can...until then, I've proposed to Sean that I just stank...we're in the wilderness afterall, what's a little dirt. He wasn't so keen on the idea. Good thing I was just kidding (sorta).


So, after 1 1/2 days of driving, we finally arrived at the lodge. Timber was there to greet Mocha, and came up to the rental SUV, put his paws on the side of the car, and hoisted his nose up to the window to give her a kiss. I'm convinced he is a human in a fur costume, he's got soulful, people-eyes. He's a cool K-9.


Our cabin is next-door to the cabin we stayed in last year. I think we have a better view of the lake this year, thought. Our cabin - cabin 8 - is larger than last years, with 2 bedroom and a larger, vaulted-ceiling living room w/skylights. Much more fitting for 2-persons-plus-dog. We also have an upgraded hummingbird feeder...it has a perch, so the hummingbirds will actually land to feed. It's rare you get to see them when they are no it flight, what a treat. Mocha has settled in well, and slept in her crate last night. No visits from bears, but we've got a gaggle of chipmunks under our deck snacking near the outdoor garbage can...so Mocha is guaranteed to be kept busy (see previous post Meet the McGees).


We spent the rest of the day getting settled in the cabin, which has 5 steps to get in. More motivation to get off the crutches. I'm itching to get around sans sticks, I'm so over it. But at the same time, I can't deny that I get clown foot still, and don't want to rush it...maybe tomorrow.


View from Our deck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home